This week’s festive updates;
• Highland Council has confirmed that our Sleat subsidised taxi service will be funded for another financial year until April 2015.
• The board of the Trust agreed, at its final meeting of the year this week, grants from its Tormore Enterprise Fund to; Armadale Activities for a piece of equipment to expand the business, Fàs Mòr towards the running and equipment costs of their new after school activities programme and to Armadale Village Hall for their project to replace the internal and external doors of the facility.
• Trustees also agreed to fund a range of events and workshops that their own Environment Group will undertake in 2014.
• The Post Office have announced a range of funding measures for its branches. A grant of £2000 is available if an online system survey is completed and extended funding will be available to upgrade community outlets such as our Armadale operation.
• The Trust has been invited to a Scottish Natural Heritage meeting in Kyle on the 15th January where board members of the organisation will host a Q and A session.
• The Trust offices will be closed from the 23rd December and reopens from the 27th December to New Year’s Eve.
• Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna Mhath Ùr. Have a very Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year from all the Trust staff (Angus, Chris, Sharon, Calum, George and Jasmine).