This week's updates,
• Visit Sleat and the Sleat Community Council are delighted to announce the publication of a new paths leaflet for Sleat, our perfect corner of Skye. Featuring four of the most popular walks in the peninsula together with a small selection of ideas for short strolls, the leaflet will be distributed across the area from January 2014. Anyone wanting advanced copies can call into the Trust office.
• The Skye Farm Shop opens today (Friday) at the Trading facility in Armadale. The Trust wishes Martin all the best with his new venture.
• Festive opening hours for the Post Office and Filling station are as above.
• Due to the recent high winds the construction of our wood fuel shed has had to be stopped for the time being. Preparatory work to the frame has been completed but it will be into the New Year when hopefully better weather allows for completion of the build.
• Calum and Angus have met with Stephen McKeown of Clan Donald Lands Trust to discuss four potential broadband mast locations on the estates land.
• The Aspen project team meet next week as will the board of the Trust in their final meeting of the year. Three applications to the Tormore Enterprise Fund will be heard at the Trust meeting.
• Two pump/fuel tank tenders have been received which will allow an application for funding to take place.
• It has been confirmed that Skye and Lochalsh Ward Members are to meet with Sleat Community Council and SCT on Monday 20th January at the Trust offices.