This week’s updates;
• A delegation of 12 people (a record in our wee meeting room!) representing a variety of Applecross interests visited the Trust on Monday to learn about how we operate and manage Tormore Forest and wood fuel supply. Thanks to Liz Robertson for catering for the visitors.
• Construction will start next week on our wood fuel shed in the forest. The build will take around two weeks or so depending on the weather.
• Calum and Angus have met with Malcolm Younger of Fearann Eilean Iarmain to discuss the two potential broadband mast locations on the estates land.
• Angus will take part on Monday, at the Townhouse in Inverness, in an informal Scottish Affairs Committee meeting regarding the Crown Estate and Land Reform.
• The Aspen project team met this week and the Trust Environment Group will meet on Monday.
• Martin MacLure has completed and signed a lease agreement to use Aite at the Armadale Post Office and Filling Station as the Skye Farm Shop. New flooring is now in place and dividing doors will be constructed shortly. Martin hopes to open within the first weeks of December.
• Gaelic Christmas cards and boxes of chocolates now in stock at the Filling station.