This week’s updates;
• Thanks to all that attended the Trust’s AGM on Wednesday and for all those that stayed behind to make it a great social event. A big welcome to our new Trust directors John Norman MacLeod and Hans Petri.
• The Trust has been approached by representatives of the Applecross community to visit Sleat to hear about the Tormore Community Forest and our wood fuel operations. We hope to host a visit before Xmas.
• The Tormore Enterprise Fund has three applications to go forward to the board’s next meeting in November.
• Sleat Trading is hoping to conclude a lease agreement for the Aite space in the next few weeks. This will allow a local individual to start up a Farm shop enterprise.
• There will be a meeting of the Aspen Tree project group on Monday at the Trust’s offices.
• Calum and Angus will meet with Sandra Byrne of Community Broadband Scotland to discuss the completed infrastructure tender process and next steps for the project funding.
• Two tenders have been received for carrying out a local housing needs survey. Both tenders are now being reviewed and the process for funding the survey is now running concurrently.
• Finally log sales are really taking off with close to 300 tonnes sold since deliveries started again in July. Plenty timber still left at £28 per tonne (plus VAT and Delivery). Minimum order 10 tonnes. Please be aware that at least 4 to 6 weeks is required for the order process to be completed.