Weekly SCT Updates are as follows:
• A second instalment of Facebook training was held at the Trust offices this Thursday evening.
• Our graduate Enterprise Officer Calum Stiven will attend the Highland Small Communities Housing Trust AGM & Open Day in Inverness next week – to broaden his knowledge of social housing issues in advance of the Trust undertaking its own local housing needs survey.
• Calum is also due to visit local filling stations in Lochcarron & Applecross next week to look at their 24-hour automated pumps.
• A large woodchipping exercise was completed in Tormore Forest this week, thanks at last to some reliably dry conditions. Mounding work for this winter’s tree planting will finish next week.
• Next week (Monday evening) sees the monthly meeting of the main board of the Trust.
• General Manager Angus Robertson has moved from Maine to Vermont on his ‘local shops & co-ops’ tour. Visit http://andorasdearg.wordpress.com/ to read his daily diary recounting his journey to some ambitious and innovative enterprises.
• DATE FOR YOUR DIARY: The Sleat Community Trust AGM is set for the evening of Wednesday 30th October at Sabhal Mor Ostaig. This is always a great opportunity to catch up on the full breadth of Trust activities over the past twelve months, to feedback any thoughts or views and contribute to setting objectives for the Trust into the future.