Weekly SCT Updates are as follows:
• Sharon Campbell attended the ‘Rural Shops & Local Producers’ event at Sabhal Mor Ostaig to learn about projects marketing local food, hear from local producers and understand the regulations governing supply chains.
• Our graduate Enterprise Officer Calum Stiven continues to refine and contrast different practical options for setting up a local (better) broadband network.
• Calum & Sharon have begun working on a funding application that would ultimately allow the Trust to install new, automated fuel pumps at Armadale filling station.
• Another wet week in Tormore forest meant woodchipping was postponed again into next week. As before, timber harvesting and haulage is progressing well alongside mounding work in advance of this winter’s tree planting.
• Next week has the monthly board meetings of both Trust subsidiary companies: Sleat Trading and Sleat Renewables.
• General Manager Angus Robertson is now one week into his 6-week New England study tour looking at how local shops and co-ops function there - as well as eating the occasional lobster. Visit his blog is at http://andorasdearg.wordpress.com/ to read about his journey…….