This week's updates:
• Angus Robertson departed mid-week on his 6-week jaunt to New England and eastern seaboard states as part of his Winston Churchill Travel Fellowship. His blog is at http://andorasdearg.wordpress.com/ although he hasn’t posted since arriving stateside…….
• On Saturday, part-time shop manager Colm Boyd finishes his summer front-of-house duties at the petrol station/post office as he returns to college next week. This week therefore also saw the arrival of new recruit Jasmine Piper from Ardvasar, to fill his shoes and work alongside long-serving George.
• Sharon Campbell attended a briefing in Inverness on a new ‘Enterprise Ready Fund’ from Foundation Scotland. Next Tuesday, she will attend the ‘Rural Shops & Local Producers’ event at Sabhal Mor Ostaig to learn about local food initiatives and supply chains.
• There has been healthy interest in the two SCT tenders (broadband infrastructure; housing needs survey) but still time for more responses. All relevant information can be found for both in the documents section of our website.
• A wet week in Tormore forest meant no woodchipping (postponed into next week) but harvesting keeps going as does mounding work to prepare some earlier felled areas for winter tree planting.