This week’s updates;
• After interviews this week we are delighted to welcome Jasmine Piper as our new sales assistant at our Armadale Trading facility from the 12th of September onwards.
• Sharon will attend the Development Trust Association of Scotland conference this weekend in Cumbernauld. The Trust will be featured in their 10th Anniversary DVD which will be launched at the event.
• Finishing touches are being made to two tender documents for release hopefully this week. One for a housing needs study and the other for broadband infrastructure costs.
• Heather MacDermott’s jewellery making workshop, using materials from Tormore Forest, has been well received with over 20 attendees giving some excellent feedback.
• Students from Flensburg University will again visit Sleat this time for one day in early February of next year as part of their extended study trip to Applecross where they well look at a wood fuel supply chain.
• The Trust board has decided to apply to the National Forest Land Scheme for a small parcel of forest land at Kinloch.
• An event will be run by Plunkett Scotland, titled Rural Shops and Local Producers: Local Supply Chain, on Tuesday 17 September, 10:30 to 15:00 at Sabhal Mòr Ostaig. A representative from Trading will be in attendance.
• The date for this year’s Trust AGM is the 30th of October at Seòmar Cruinneachaidh, Sabhal Mor Ostaig at 7pm. A light buffet along with drinks will be served after the formal proceedings. We will have two vacancies for directors on the main board. If you are interested in applying get in touch via email@example.com or pop into the Trust office.