This week’s updates;
• Today (5pm) is the last chance to apply for the sales assistant vacancy at the Trust’s Armadale Trading facility. More details about this role can be found on the Trust website (News section) and Facebook page.
• Our Broadband infrastructure tender document will be released next week for suitable contractors to peruse and quote. This process will enable the collation of accurate costs for the project which can then be used to formulate a business plan and to apply to suitable funders.
• Angus will attend a workshop titled Financing your Social Enterprise at Kyleakin Hall on Thursday.
• Mounding contractors will be active in Tormore forest from Monday to prepare for the next phase of tree planting in the recently harvested areas.
• A useful meeting with the Post Office last week in regard to the future of the service and new operating options for the Trading board to consider.
• Calum will conduct a fact finding visit to the biomass facility at Kyle swimming pool on Wednesday.
• The environment group will take part in a half day workshop on Monday about Aspen growing with a view to potentially developing a small stand of this native tree in our community forest.
• Over 80 delegates will attend the Community Woodlands Association Annual Conference and AGM this Saturday and Sunday at Sabhal Mòr Ostaig. More details can be found here http://www.communitywoods.org/event-details.php?id=308
• On Monday we have the Trust main board meeting and the directors will consider one new application to the Tormore Enterprise Fund.