This week’s updates;
• There are still a couple of places available for our FREE Facebook training session at 6pm on Thursday 8th August at the Trust’s offices. Call the office on 01471 844773 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place. Flyer below for further info.
• There is an open day at the Armadale based Garden of Sleat community allotments this Sunday 4th August from 1pm. Face painting, BBQ, Gardeners Question Time, raffle and a cake competition are some of the activities on offer.
• The new Tormore Enterprise Fund has made its first award to Heather McDermott to host a jewelry workshop and exhibition based on items found within Tormore Forest. More details are included in the attached flyer.
• A film crew have gained footage of the Trust’s main activities for a DVD celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Development Trust Association of Scotland. The DVD will premiered at their annual conference in September which Sharon will be attending in Cumbernauld.
• Calum has visited Rhum to speak with Ian Bolas of HEBNET to gain further knowledge of the existing network and service which they operate and how this could be replicated in Sleat.
• The date for this year’s Trust AGM is the 30th of October at Seòmar Cruinneachaidh, Sabhal Mor Ostaig. More details to follow. We will have two vacancies for directors on the main board. If you are interested in applying call into the office for an informal chat with Angus or mail email@example.com