This week’s updates;
• The attached flyer is for a Facebook training session at 6pm on Thursday 8th August at the Trust’s offices. There are six places and two have been booked already for this FREE event.
• Calum continues to research wireless broadband options for Sleat and has visited Applecross to look at their project which has rolled out over the last few weeks. He has also visited potential mast sites in Aird, Ord and Drumfearn as well as discussing, with reps of the village, the current Tarskavaig set up which is controlled locally through HEBNET.
• The Highland Council’s Petroleum Officer carried out his annual check-up of the facilities at the Armadale Filling Station. A few minor follow ups are required but overall a clean bill of health.
• A film crew will be shadowing the Trust on Monday and Tuesday of next week gaining footage for a Development Trust Association of Scotland DVD celebrating their 10th anniversary.
• A pilot delivery run of wood chip will be supplied to Home Farm, Portree biomass facility on Tuesday.
• Good meeting last week with the Forestry Commission which has taken forward the possibility of partnership working at the Kinloch plantations.
• This weekend the portacabin exterior will receive a fresh coat of paint as well as a tidy up of the surrounding area including the chipping of the removed hedging. Thanks in advance to the Stuart and the community service team for carrying out this work.
• The concrete base for our wood fuel shed is now complete and the main frame for the structure will be purchased next week with completion of the project now due by September.
• Board meeting next week for the main Trust directors.