This week’s updates;
• Community Broadband Scotland attended a meeting on Tuesday of the Trust’s broadband committee. A summary report of residents survey returns was presented at the meeting. Next step for the project is for a comprehensive business plan to be pulled together for the areas that are willing to wait for a potentially funded solution.
• The Trading shop has been repainted in a very fetching sky blue and our new chiller cabinet has arrived. It is now in situ after much effort removing the weighty old unit. Thanks to Calum S, Calum Mac, David, George and Sharon for all their help making it happen.
• The Trust is to feature in a video celebrating 10 years of the Development Trusts Association Scotland. Filming is likely to take place during w/c 29th of July.
• John Lamont of the Lochalsh and Skye Housing Association will visit next week to discuss our biomass supply service.
• Thanks to Crossroads Care for booking both Aite again, for their successful pop up charity shop, and our meeting room to allow directors to convene.
• We have had our first application for the Tormore Enterprise Fund and had confirmation that the Sleat Community Nursing Fund are now the proud owners of a Dream Master 2 mattress elevator through a grant from the Fund (see pic). This allows an ordinary bed at home to be converted to have an electronic back rest. The nurses think “this is a fantastic piece of equipment as it allows a patient with disability to remain using their own bed making a situation less clinical”.