This week’s updates;
• Calum Stiven our new intern starts this Monday. Calum’s first job will be to collate a report from the 101 broadband survey’s we have had returned to date from community members.
• Thanks to Santander for the funding received this week for Calum’s role
• Thanks also to the Community Service workers for cutting back the large hedge at the side of Aite which gives access to the whole unit. Paint has arrived and we hope in the next few weeks to commence with the job of sprucing up the external areas of the facility.
• Our Forest Plan has been approved finally and a signed copy received along with our Felling Licence for the next 10 years of Tormore harvesting and planting activities.
• Angus will attend a meeting at Sabhal Mor Ostaig on Weds to discuss potential new biomass facilities on the Kilbeg campus.
• New orders are now being accepted for log deliveries around Skye and Lochalsh. Order quantities are either 10 or 20 tonnes. Price as per last year. Call the Trust office for more details .