This week’s updates;
• Thanks to everyone that has returned our broadband survey form. The total stands at 96 and we will soon start collating the data into a report shortly. Still time for anyone with a form to return to the Trust.
• Final changes have been required to our forest plan prior to a felling licence being issued. Chris is visiting the Forestry Conservancy in Dingwall today to finish this immensely bureaucratic process.
• New lines in the shop this week aimed at the tourist market. Buckets and spades, playing cards, fishing tackle, pocket money toys and 2014 calendars. Isle of Skye Fudge will be stocked from next week.
• Unfortunately Jane MacKenna decided that the shop assistant role at Sleat Trading wasn’t for her. We have moved quickly to replace her and Colm Boyd (George’s son) has now been employed in the role.
• Board meetings for Trading and Renewables next week.
• New orders are now being accepted for log deliveries around Skye and Lochalsh. Order quantities are either 10 or 20 tonnes. Price as per last year. Call the Trust office for more details .