This week’s updates;
• A very successful Community Land Scotland conference at Sabhal Mor Ostaig with the First Minister announcing £3 million of extra funding for the Scottish Land Fund. All delegates were greatly impressed by the conference facilities, event organisation and the Sleat area which was shown to its best in the best weather in the UK. Great for the Sleat economy with delegates staying, spending and potentially revisiting our area!
• At the above conference Angus Robertson was confirmed as a board member of Community Land Scotland.
• We welcome Jane MacKenna to her new role as shop assistant at Sleat Community Trading. Jane starts today and I’m sure all our customers will offer her a warm welcome.
• In other staffing news Calum Stiven of Glenelg has accepted the position of Graduate Enterprise Officer. Calum starts on the 1st of July and will be involved heavily with our Community Broadband and Forest Enterprise projects.
• The new internal Tormore forest roading is almost complete with harvesting due to commence this week once a felling licence has been signed off.
• New orders are now being accepted for log deliveries around Skye and Lochalsh. Order quantities are either 10 or 20 tonnes. Price as per last year. Call the Trust office for more details .