Updates of this week’s Trust activities;
• Sleat Community Trading Company Ltd has a vacancy for a Shop Assistant based at Armadale Post Office and Petrol Station. The position is on a job-share basis of 0.5 full time employment. The job will suit a diligent trustworthy individual with a friendly and engaging personality who is comfortable working with members of the public. Excellent rate of pay and holiday entitlement for the successful candidate. If you are interested in this position then please call 01471 844773 or mail email@example.com for further information regarding the application process.
• Last few days for all the graduates out there to apply for SCT's Enterprise Support Officer vacancy. The successful graduate will work on two new enterprise projects for the Trust – Community Broadband and Forest Enterprise. Closing date is Monday 20th May. It is a great opportunity to work with a progressive and leading community organization....more info here
• We welcome Crossroads Care back to Aite at the Armadale Post Office next Thursday and Friday. Once again they will be holding a pop up charity shop. Please support them as you did last month by coming down and buying/donating during their stay.
• Ivor Souter of Highland Council visited the Trust last week to explain the potential future of their Community Transport funding.
• A public drop-in session hosted by Hjaltland Seafood Farms will take place between 1400-2000 at Seomar Cruinneachaidh, Sabhal Mor Ostaig on Tuesday 21st May. The company will outline their proposals in a drop-in session. Following on from this the Community Council is holding a public meeting on Thursday 23rd May at 1930 in Seomar Cruinneachaidh, Sabhal Mor Ostaig to brief residents on the proposals for Hjaltland Seafood of Shetland for new fish farms in Loch Eishort and Loch Slapin. All are welcome to both events.
• Our accountant Andy Cumming of Mann Judd Gordon will visit next week to kick off our annual financial auditing process.
• We now have internet Wi-Fi access in the Armadale Post Office and Petrol Station. This can be accessed by the community or visitors for a small fee.
• Board meetings next week for Trading and Sleat Renewables.