Here you go!
• The Trust has met with Alaistar Nicolson and Sandra Byrne (ex SMO and our new development officer) of Community Broadband Scotland (CBS). A good meeting and we are firmly on the application treadmill towards funding for a wireless broadband network. This funding will only be for areas of Sleat that have no likelihood of broadband upgrade in the foreseeable future and with consistently slow connection speeds. This means the townships of Aird, Achnacloich, Tarskavaig, Tokovaig, Ord , Drumfearn and, by dint of aerial location, Heaste. The next stage is for us to canvass all households and businesses in these areas to ask if they would sign up for the new service and how much they would be willing to pay for installation/subscription.
• Great news that the Trust has now secured funding through Talent Scotland and Santander for an intern on a one year contract. One of their main duties will be to work on the above project. An advert for the position will be out soon.
• Crossroads are the first to take up the new space Aite at the Armadale Filling Station next week. Please go along and support their pop up charity shop from midday on Thursday.
• Ron has attended the Scottish Highland Renewables Conference in Inverness.
• Angus will attend the “The Future is Local” community event at the Scottish Parliament next Friday the 26th.
• Board meetings next week for Trading and Sleat Renewables.
• Angus has met with Willie Martin of Seepotential a renewables developer looking at projects on Skye.