This week’s updates as follows;
• The Trust has applied to Highlands and Islands Enterprise and to Santander for funding for a internship worker for a year to work on new income generating enterprises.
• Angus will meet with Community Broadband Scotland on Tuesday to discuss the process for applications for funding for a wireless network for Sleat villages most affected by poor broadband connections.
• The Trust has again been contacted by the Mount Blair Community Development Trust who now wish to visit in early May to discuss community forest buyouts.
• The Trading company has launched a new enterprise, Aite, which will encourage local individuals and organisations to rent the portacabin space for retail purposes.
• Chris has met with a representative of the Forestry Commission to seek approval for our Forest Plan.
• Community Land Scotland will meet with the Trust on the 23rd April to discuss arrangements for their AGM/Conference in June.
• Duncan has been liaising with reps from Trees for Life. A meeting will be arranged to see if any joint project work is possible within Tormore forest.