Another sparkling sunny week on the Isle of Skye and your updates to compliment this glorious weather….
• An article regarding the Trust and Sabhal Mor Ostaig has featured in Harper MacLeod LLP’s North Newsletter.
• Ron Johnstone will be attending, on behalf of Sleat Renewables, the Scottish Highland Renewable Energy Conference on 18th April at the Drumossie Hotel in Inverness.
• All work on our Trading extension has finally been completed. The Tourist Information Centre has been installed at the end of the new space and a computer with internet access along with a printer is also now in place. Finally a tea/coffee facility is also now available.
• Following on from the above, the remaining space will be made available to local businesses/individuals to rent by the day, week or month for any one of a number of retail or art uses. Promotional material with rates will be out shortly.
• The Trust has made a formal application to Community Broadband Scotland for funding for a wireless network for areas which will not be able to access faster broadband in the foreseeable future.
• Val Hodgkinson of Applecross Community Company (ACC) visited this week to learn about our Clean Sleat project (as a similar project is being launched in Applecross). The Trust was happy also to lend on a trial basis its Infra-Red Camera to ACC to help with home energy surveys.