This week's updates;
• Due to ill health one of the directors of the Trust has had to step down from the board. This means we have a need for a new director. If you wish to join the board then get in touch at email@example.com or on 01471 844773. The role of a director is to attend one meeting a month and give input to a small amount of emails and/or policy discussions.
• A recent photograph on the Visit Sleat Facebook page, of muirburn fires on the hills above Loch Eishort, attracted over 42,000 views and calls from the national press to use the picture. Great publicity for Visit Sleat and well done Rob Ware!
• Sharon will be attending a HISEZ networking lunch titled “Heritage and Social Enterprise: Sustainable past, present and future” next Tuesday the 26th March at Lochcarron.
• Angus and Jane attended the Social Enterprise Exchange event at the SECC in Glasgow on Thursday. It was good to meet several funding partners, putting faces to names, and networking with several support organisations/likeminded community groups. Promotional materials for Visit Sleat were freely distributed to anyone daring to come near our stand!
• Finishing touches are being put to the portacabin at the Filling station. A new project will be launched shortly which will allow the space to me hired on a daily/weekly/monthly basis for any enterprise use. So if you want to sell your wares or exhibit your art or host a pop up charity shop or anyone of a thousand other potential uses then get in touch using the details above.
• Valerie Hodgkinson, the new Development Officer (Energy Efficiency) for the Applecross Community Company will visit the Trust during w/c 1st of April.
• Mark attended the Kyle Rhea Tidal Array presentation in Broadford last week.
• Board meeting on Monday next week for the Trust.