Your updates for this week....
• Thanks to all that attended and displayed at our Zero Waste Scotland sponsored Food and Drink evening on Tuesday. A fabulous night which promoted the best of local produce including langoustines, venison and homemade chutney’s.
• Last Saturday’s tree planting day was well supported with over 1000 saplings planted by community members. Thanks to all that turned out on the day. This brings to an end the first phase of replanting of the harvested area of the forest.
• There will be a meeting on Monday with Forestry Commission Scotland to discuss a potential National Forest Land Scheme application for plantations at Kinloch or the possibility of partnership working.
• Angus presented an overview of the Trust’s work at a very well attended community meeting in Strontian last weekend.
• A tidy up of the external area around the filling station has begun with a full van load of debris deposited in the Portree dump.
• New supplies of Clan Donald venison products are now available in the Trading Shop.
• The Tormore Community Fund has agreed to award £489 to the Sleat Community Nursing Fund to buy a mattress elevator which would enable a patient to have an adjustable backrest and knee lift facility.