This week’s updates as follows;
• The community tree planting day is now on this Saturday (2nd). Please turn up from 10am onwards at the entrance to Tormore forest. Your chance to say you helped plant the new community forest!
• A third Sleat community event, within a week, is planned for this coming Tuesday (5th) at Ardvasar Hall from 7pm. The Trust in conjunction with Zero Waste Scotland are hosting a food and drink evening to show off the best of local produce and products. A FREE event with many tasty nibbles and a wee dram to sample.
• Tree planters have completed the contract to plant 52,000 new saplings in the harvested area of Tormore Forest.
• Angus will be presenting at a community event in Strontian this coming Saturday (2nd) evening. The event is being hosted by the Sunart Community Company.
• The Trust has been informed by the South Skye Community Moorings Association that Fearann Eilean Iarmain have withdrawn their offer to sell the old Armadale pier to them.
• Chris will be presenting at a Woodland Croft themed seminar in Strathcarron on Tuesday (5th). The event is being hosted by Kirkton Woodland and Heritage Group.
• The Tormore Community Fund awards committee will meet this Tuesday to discuss an application from the Sleat Community Nursing Fund.
• Angus has been asked to present at a Community Land Scotland meeting next Friday 8th. The theme of the meeting is the benefits of community land ownership.
• The Trust board has declined an offer to be involved in the project management of the Camuscross and Duisdale Initiatives hydro energy development. However, the directors are willing for the staff of the Trust to offer any advice that it can to aid with the development if continued by CDI.