Updates for this week as follows;
• It was with sadness that the board and staff of the Trust learned of Rhoda MacGillivray’s passing. Rhoda was a former director of the Trust and sat on the board in the early years of the organisation. The funeral service will be tomorrow, Saturday 23rd February, at midday at Kilmore Church.
• The community tree planting day which was due to go ahead this Saturday has been cancelled as a mark of respect to the MacGillivray family. A new date for the event will be announced in the coming days.
• It is the Trust’s 100th board meeting this Monday and there will be a cake to celebrate! Stephen McKeown from Clan Donald Land Trust will be attending the meeting. Stephen will be updating the board on activities at the Clan and how both organisations can work closer together.
• Chris will be attending a path construction training day in Battleby, Perthshire next Wednesday.
• The Trust along with the Sleat area will feature in Harper MacLeod’s North newsletter. An article detailing the work of the Trust and its subsidiaries has been supplied.
• The environment groups second winter talk titled “Butterflies and moths of Skye” is this Wednesday 27th at 7.30pm at Ardvasar Hall. The talk will be led by Brian Neath, county moth recorder and butterfly conservationist.
• The new Visit Sleat leaflet is now available for uplift at the Trust Offices for members of the organisation.