This week’s news;
• The Trust has gained a fully funded exhibition space at the Social Enterprise Exchange event in Glasgow in March. Thanks to Highlands and Islands Enterprise for supplying this facility. The Trust will use the space to promote the work of the Trust and its subsidiaries (particularly woodfuel) and the Visit Sleat project.
• An application to the Forestry Commission’s seed corn fund has been successfully made for the Trusts 50% share of the valuation fee of forestry land at Kinloch.
• Simon Helliwell has visited the Trust to answer queries relating to the delivered broadband design study.
• Over 35,000 trees have now been planted in the harvested area of Tormore Forest.
• Angus visited the Applecross Community Company to discuss broadband and sit as an independent member of an interview panel.
• The Community Woodlands Association will be hosting its annual conference at Sabhal Mor Ostaig, this coming August (24th/25th), and the Trust will be helping out with workshops and study visits.
• Santander will start their follow up support work as part of the package gained through the recent social enterprise award on Monday through a telecom.
• Board meetings next week for Trading and Sleat Renewables.