Starting this week’s updates with some great news;
• Highland Council officials have recommended that the Trust receives a further year of funding for its subsidised taxi scheme. The full amount applied for (£15,000) is due for approval by the Transport committee over the coming weeks.
• The Trust has taken delivery of over 50,000 trees for the replanting of Tormore forests year one and two harvested areas. The replanting has already started!
• Angus has been invited to talk at a community event in Strontian on the 2nd of March.
• The fish farm planning application for Loch Slapin as submitted by Marine Harvest has been withdrawn.
• The Trust sponsored design study for a wireless broadband network for Sleat has been delivered. The broadband group will meet by the end of the month to discuss its content and for the way forward with the project.
• Meetings next week of the boards of Trading and Sleat Renewables.
• The Trust and the Camuscross and Duisdale Initiative have arranged to meet on the 5th of February.