Hope everyone had a great festive season!
The first Trust snippets of the New Year are as follows;
• The An Sleiteach community newsletter will be out early next week.
• A new Car Lift Share scheme has been created for the Highland area. Follow this link to register your details if you are interested http://highland.liftshare.com/
• Angus attended the Sleat Community Council meeting on Tuesday where the main topic was Scottish Water. Subsequent TV (BBC Alba) and newspaper (West Highland Free Press) updates from the meeting have been transmitted/published. The Trust has offered any support it can to the Community Council as it tries to resolves the several on-going issues regarding water supply, treatment and damage to local land/roading.
• Due to exceptional demand Sleat Renewables Ltd has now had to stop the supply of whole log length sales to domestic and commercial customers. We hope to restart sales towards the end of Year 3/4 Tormore harvesting (Autumn/Winter 2013).
• Angus has been nominated to represent the Trust on the board of Skye and Lochalsh Council for Voluntary Services.
• Sales of Clan Venison at Sleat Trading were good prior to Xmas and we are restocking so get yourself down to the shop and grab some quality local produce.
• A shed supplier has been chosen for the wood fuel facility in Tormore forest. Capital Steel Buildings will be supplying and erecting the kit in the next few months.
• The environment group are organising a series of winter talks about 'Knowing the wildlife in your local environment' . Venue and times for all are as follows Ardvasar Village Hall at 7.30pm. First talk Wednesday January 30th, Bob MacMillan from Skye Birds, "Skye Birds of Prey", next talk Wednesday, Feb 27th, Brian Neath "Butterflies and Moths of Skye" and finally Wednesday March 20th, Roger Cottis " Mammals of Skye". Also on, a to be announced Saturday in April, a workshop on bees and other insects.