This week’s updates;
• The new Broadband group has met for the first time. The eight members were told that the Trust has agreed to fund a feasibility study for a network solution for the whole peninsula. This report will be completed by Rural Broadband Networks by the end of January. Funding will then be sought to provide the infrastructure for any chosen solution.
• Sleat Community Trading is now stocking Clan Donald Venison products. Selection boxes and other Xmas chocolates are now selling well. Get down and get a bargain. Two selection boxes for £5 (Mars and Maltesers).
• The shop will close at 3pm on Xmas Eve and Hogmanay. It will be closed until the 27th December and 3rd of January respectively and open at usual times in between.
• Scottish Woodlands Ltd (SWL) has been chosen as the Year 3 and 4 Tormore Forest harvesting and marketing contractor. SWL will also be constructing a new 1.25km roadway through the forest to allow for timber operations. This road will open up a large section of the forest for amenity value in the future.
• The quarterly environment group meeting was held last week and plans were made for next year’s activities. A series of evening talks on the separate subjects of mammals, birds and moths is planned as well as a potential project around beekeeping.
• Sleat Community Trust welcome Tricia and Hans Petri to its membership.
• A new working relationship has been agreed between the Trust and South Skye Community Moorings Association.
• The Trust offices will be shut on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day as well as Hogmanay, New Year’s Day and the 2nd January.
Finally all the staff and directors at the Trust wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna Mhath Ur!