This weeks news as follows;
• The Armadale Trading shop has Xmas chocolates, sweets and selection boxes now in stock as well as delicious local jars of honey from Ord. In the next week the shop will also have Christmas wrapping paper and boxes of festive greetings cards. Think local for your festive goodies!
• The main Trust board meeting is on Monday and we have six new applications for membership.
• Chris Marsh attended a seminar on Woodland crofts in Gairloch on Thursday.
• The Zero Waste Scotland/Trust sponsored local food and drink evening is on this Weds 28th November at Ardvasar Hall from 7pm. There will be a demonstration of Xmas Chutney making by Calina Conserves, venison product tasting from Clan Donald Estates, whisky tasting by the Gaelic Whiskies and local seafood recipes and nibbles.
• A deadline for submission of content for the next community newsletter An Sleiteach has been set for the 7th of December. Please supply any articles to email@example.com
• This weekend it’s all happening in Sleat. Xmas craft fair at Clan Donald, car boot sale at the Trust’s offices and our ex Chair and local GP Angus Venters in concert at Sabhal Mor Ostaig.
• Simon Helliwell of HEBNET successfully installed fast broadband proof of concept equipment to Tarskavaig Hall. A broadband group meeting with Simon discussed how this solution could be rolled out to other affected communities within Sleat. A quote for a design study has been requested and options for funding are being explored. For this study it would be good if results can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding download and upload broadband speeds from around the parish. This can be carried out by using an online speed checker which can be found here. We can then build up a map of areas where there is a need for better broadband provision.