This week's updates;
• Sleat Community Trust are featured in a new book out this week. “The New Road” by Alf and Ewan Young can be purchased online at Amazon (other good booksellers are available) or a copy can be borrowed from the Trust’s offices.
• Shirley Grant of Broadford and Strath Community Company popped into the office this week for advice on the hiring of staff.
• Thanks to Avonline and Derek Logie for their visits this week. We hope that all participants at these events along with the well-attended Native Tree Growing workshop last Saturday found them enjoyable and informative.
• The finishing touches are being worked through for a Xmas Food Event in conjunction with Zero Waste Scotland on the 28th November in Ardvasar Hall. More advertising next week on what we hope will be an exciting night.
• Tender documents are being prepared by Chris for the next phase of timber harvesting next year.
• Tables still available for the car boot sale on the 24th of November at the Trust’s offices. Spaces are £8 and indoor space (portacabin) will be available should the weather be inclement. To book your place contact Sue on 01471 844722 or 07946 547102.
• It’s the Camuscross and Duisdale Initiative AGM this coming Weds (14th) at Talla Duisdale from 7pm onwards.