Updates I have a few....
•Thanks to all that turned up for a very positive AGM last week. Feedback from the event has been very good and many members have returned their forms re what to stock/deliver in the Trading extension. Welcome also to our two new full directors Archie McCalman and Rupert Allison.
• This week we have Avonline, satellite broadband provider, at the Trust offices on Thursday from 1.30pm. Derek Logie will be at Sabhal Mor Ostaig that same night from 7.30pm in the main building (Canna meeting room) giving a talk on “Options for Developing Community Owned Housing”. Both events are opened to all the community to come along to. Tea and coffee will be provided.
• Duncan MacInnes will be attending a BIG Lottery event in Nairn tomorrow and leading two workshops. Over 80 delegates will be attending from a variety of organization’s and community groups.
• To highlight the busy nature of the sector we operate in, Sleat Community Trust and its subsidiaries have been invited to attend in the next weeks; five conferences, a book launch, several webinar’s, four renewables events, three AGM’s, too many other networking events/seminars/workshops to mention as well as offers for us to input to various consultative exercises. Our first priority is to our community therefore we only attend a fraction of the events we are invited to.
• At last our annual accounts process is completed! Thanks to Andy at Mann Judd and Donald Angie for their tenacity in completing a very complex process this year. With our new Sage accounting software now being used this year’s accounts should be very straight forward.
• Log sales enquiries are still coming in at the rate of two or three per week.
• We are still waiting to hear from SRDP re our application for funding for our wood shed. This wait, from July, is now impacting our wood fuel business. Plans to extend our wood chip provision and to start supplying split log are being pushed further back into next year.
• Thanks to those that have come forward to be part of our Broadband group. Hoping to get a meeting together sometime in November. It is not too late to join the team who will tackle all things relating to poor broadband provision on Sleat. Get in touch with the office if you want to be part of the group.