Updates from an busy week;
• The Tormore Community Fund (TCF) awards committee met on Tuesday and awarded £900 to the Parent Council of Bun Sgoil Shleite for outdoor play equipment and £500 to Aird Point Common Grazings for materials for path work repair. The TCF has now awarded £3250 to five Sleat based organisations and groups since its inception in June.
• Rhoda Grant MSP will visit the Trust’s offices on the 26th of October. A representative of Borve and Annishadder community will also be in attendance during her visit
• Enquiries and sales for Tormore log for firewood purposes are continuing at an exceptional rate. If all new enquiries lead to sales then our allocation of timber for this enterprise will be exhausted in the foreseeable future.
• Alastair Culbertson has decided to step down from his role as a co-opted director. Thanks to Alastair for all his input and advice during his tenure. Roles exist on the main board for new directors. Get in touch with the office if you would like to find out more.
• The Trust board was happy to approve 4 new members at its meeting on Monday night.
• Graeme Prest, Forest District Manager for Inverness, Ross & Skye Forest District will visit the Trust next Thursday.
• The shop refurbishment continues apace with the joining of the portacabin to the main shop now complete. Come down to look at the space and give us your input regarding what we should stock within it.
• Our SRDP application wasn’t heard, to our knowledge, at this week’s committee hearing. We are therefore seeking urgent clarification on the status of application.
• The Trust is starting to look at how it can support a feasibility study into better Broadband connectivity within the peninsula. Attendance at the Sabhal Mor Ostaig conference on Rural Broadband solutions on the 12/13 October will kick start this project.