This week’s updates as follows;
• The Trust’s SRDP funding application for a Tormore wood fuel facility will be heard by the RPAC committee today (Friday). Fingers crossed that we quickly hear of a favourable result.
• Both Heather McDermott and Sam Graham have started their training in the post office/shop. As holidays are being taken by both Niall and George over the next few weeks and months you will be seeing more of them in the filling station. Please give them a warm welcome.
• Log sales continue apace with several new enquiries amounting to well over 100 tonnes. Feedback from customers has been largely positive. Only issue revolves around delivery charges which, although arranged as part of SCT’s overall one stop service, is outwith our control. SCT makes no financial gain from the delivery element.
• SRL will meet with Scottish Woodlands next week to start discussing new harvesting contracts and to review the last year’s working relationship.
• The Tormore Community Fund awards committee will meet on Tuesday to discuss two new applications from the Parent Council of Bun Sgoil Shleite and Aird Common Grazings.
• SCT board meeting is on Monday.
• Chris has instructed a contractor to survey timber volumes within Tormore Forest for our next four year’s proposed harvesting. We should have the data by the end of September.