With Sharon off on holiday it has been an interesting week with phone, meetings and mail ;
• Sales of timber log lengths continue apace. Total amount of sales tonnage now over 600 tonnes. Had a great call from a satisfied customer thanking us for the brilliant service and the quality of the timber.
• Meeting this week with Lewis MacDonald of Highland Wood Ltd. Discussion around woodchip supply around the Highlands/Lowlands to their potential biomass heating facilities. Our restrictions on tonnage availability and delivery transport make this a challenge we are looking into.
• Angus has been invited by Murdo Fraser MSP to a snappily titled conference “Raising the ambition: Scotland’s role in a post-2020 EU renewable energy strategy” in the Scottish Parliament on the 24th of September.
• Camelot will be visiting on the 3rd August to discuss the likelihood of a Lottery terminal in the Filling Station. Angus and Niall will meet with the sales representative.
• Following the SCT board meeting Chris has started to pull together the Tormore Wooduel Building project including contractor quotes, facility size, layout etc.
• Angus will attend a community transport event in Inverness on the 17th August to discuss a funding application to the Highland Council.
• Skye and Lochalsh Environment Forum will visit Tormore forest on the 23rd August and a Bat and Moth evening will be held by the Ranger service at Clan Donald on the 25th August.