Back from holidays and straight back into the fray;
• Great charity café for the Tormore Community Fund on Thursday. £754.58 was raised. Many thanks again to Sharon and all that volunteered their time and home baking.
• Helmsdale, Melness and Tongue community representatives have now confirmed that they will visit the Trust on the 7th and 8th of September. There will be around 8 visitors and they will be entertained with visits to Tormore/Filling Station/Sabhal Mor Ostaig as well as general discussions about the usual community group financial and governance issues.
• SRL have been shortlisted for the Santander Social Enterprise Awards. Funding would go towards the building of a wood fuel facility within the forest. Further documentation has been provided to support our application. The winners will be announced in September.
• The Tormore Community Fund committee meets on Tuesday to discuss awards for the applicants to date.
• Peter Wilson of Napier University will visit next Tuesday to talk about the Scottish Tourist Routes project. He will explain how it works, how its funded and the potential opportunity for the Trust to be part of the project.
• SRL and SCTCL board meetings are on next Wednesday at the usual times and place.