Goings on at the Trust this week include;
• An impromptu visit from three members of Jura Development Trust this week. They were on their way to a community retail event on Lewis and thought they would find out a bit more about our Trust. We entertained them for over 2 hours and one of the party went with Chris to see woodchip being delivered to the college.
• Community Land Scotland will host their AGM/Conference at Sabhal Mor Ostaig next year. SCT have offered help with the hosting and event workshops.
• A meeting will take place on Monday with SMO to discuss woodchip delivery/contracts.
• Negotiations have been taking place with hauliers to deliver log lengths of timber for firewood around the island.
• An application is being made by the Trust to enter Sleat into a Gaelic community of the year competition hosted by CnaG.
• The Sleat Lunch Club’s summer outing took place on Thursday. Lunch was taken at Plockton Shores by the 33 participants and the full event was funded by SCT. A good time was had by all!
• Next week we have board meetings for Trading and SRL along with a meting of the Environment group.
• Congratulations to Duncan and Polly on becoming Grandparents to Gus.