Your Trust updates for this week;
• We won a competition! A £50 prize from HIE who will use one of our pictures in their community promotional material. The winning picture was of the timber lorry passing the shop with the dog tied up watching the proceedings.
• Trading is now on a contract phone call package which should bring savings of £500 per year.
• Andy Cumming, our accountant, visited and discussed the Memo of Understanding between SRL and SCT re Tormore lease. A new document will be written for SCT/SRL approval. Andy also kicked of the annual account gathering and helped Sharon with Sage issues.
• The helicopter arrived on Tuesday and transported 12 tonnes of fencing around the perimeter of the recent forest harvested area. All went well with Robbie the fencer putting a great effort in running between the drops. Both Sharon (petrified) and Chris (seasoned helicopter flyer) got a wee burl on the copter. Chris took the opportunity to take some new pictures of Tormore to aid future forest planning.
• Rupert attended a community transport event which was held in Birnam Perthshire.
• To date we have had a single application to the Tormore Community Fund and several enquiries.
• An outline for a new Climate Challenge Fund application has been circulated to SRL directors for their input.
• The Trust and CDI will meet at our offices on the 19th of June.