Welcome to Sleat!
We have a special Visitors' website www.visitsleat.org
and a FACEBOOK Page www.facebook.com/SleatperfectlySkye
Tourism Development Group for local businesses :-
Any business in Sleat involved in the tourist industry can join Visit Sleat with an entry on the website and all accompanying printed material for £100.00 plus VAT with includes a sum to help support the Information Services at the Filling Station and also display your information at the Armadale Pier noticeboard. Website only entries for self-catering accommodation is available at a reduced fee of £50 plus VAT per year.
Contact Rob Ware on 01471 855350
Visit Sleat Marketing Project
The project was funded 50% from Visit Scotland’s Growth Fund and is designed to raise the profile of Sleat as a destination to visitors outwith the island.
More than 57 Sleat businesses listed on the site, have paid a very reasonable rate when one considers the cost of a individual adverts. Subscribers to the project get ongoing web-presence but also benefit from :-
* the production of a high quality leaflet,
* distribution of the leaflet to all TICs and tourist outlets across Highland region
* regular e-marketing via newsletter updates to visitors who subscribe to the site
* e-advertising through Visit Scotland's national and international mailing campaigns
* a presence for Sleat at visit Scotland Expo, Scotland's national tourism symposium
* free PR services via the press release to all the national travel press* links to CalMac's marketing
* and a lot of lobbying done on their behalf with statutory authorities and Visit Scotland to improve tourism infrastructure in Sleat and Skye